Examples of current research projects in which Steinberg and the Lab are involved:
- Cuba fisheries habitat mapping project in Zapata National Park.
- Belize fisheries habitat mapping project in conjunction with the Bonefish and Tarpon Trust.
- Red cockaded woodpecker management and forest history in Talladega National Forest.
- The role of sport fishing interests in the management and conservation success of the redfish along the southern Atlantic and Gulf Coasts.
- Human-jaguar conflicts in the Mayan cultural landscape in southern Belize.
- Mangrove mapping in Campeche, Mexico.
- Mangrove deforestation in Belize.
- Sea turtle nesting habitat conservation in Belize.
- Land cover changes in snow leopard habitat in the Himalaya.